"Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it." (Hebrews 13:1-2)
The Ascension “Delites” consists of members of the Church of The Ascension who contribute to Ascension’s overall nurturing environment. This group came together in 2009 under the guidance of the then Stewardship committee who started the Birth Month groups as a means of coordinating the Fellowship hour and fund raising for the church.
The goal of the group is to further the mission of our parish community by fostering an awareness of God’s abundant blessings in the gifts He has given each of us; and encouraging and enabling our parishioners to respond to God’s love by sharing these gifts of time, talent and treasures freely to serve Jesus Christ and to minister in His Church through effective stewardship habits and practices.
The team assists with the planning and implementation of activities in the parish. They work together with the ECW, ECM and other entities to encourage fellowship and promote Ascension’s mission and vision.
The group is a meaningful and resourceful contributor to Ascension’s ongoing growth in seeking Christ and making Him known to others. Money earned from dinner sales Contribute to the church’s operational and ministry funds. The “Delites” completed the following goals in 2014:
- Fish Fry and Dinner Sales.
- Assist with funeral repasts as needed.
- Coordinate : the Lenten Service reception, Men’s Prayer Breakfast, Kwanzaa reception and the Valentine Day Dance.
Goals for 2015:
- Continue dinner sales
- Continue their mission to support the financial upkeep of the Church of The Ascension.
- Continue to organize/assist with repasts and receptions as needed.
- Organize and implement a Pre-Mothers’ Day Gala- a sit down elegant dinner.
- Organize and implement a Fathers’ Day dinners